Counting the days until we bring you home...

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something Special...for the red couch...

Right before we left for China in 2008 I found the most exquisite outfit for Ellie Lu. I loved it for many reasons...to me it was very "baby" and looked like the type of outfit my Mother would have made to bring her children home from the hospital in. Well I don't think any of my Mother's creations are around and even if they were...they wouldn't fit a then 10 month old baby. So I was thrilled to find this special outfit and decided we would have Ellie Lu's red couch photo in it. Mind you white is not the color of choice in China, and most would have the traditional Chinese dress, but I thought "my find" was a nice mix of both.

Fast forward 2 years and once we received our LOA I began to think about packing and what our little ladybug II would wear on red couch photo day. I looked and looked for something sweet for a 2 year old and found nothing...nada. I will clarify nothing that met both criteria ...sweet and "Asian" like in design. So I found the manufacturer of our first outfit and called them and I was just going to inquire where I might buy something in a size 18 month or 2. Sadly no retailer would have that size...so we chatted a bit more and I mentioned I might find someone to make something special for me...and "Rita" said we do custom work. Imagine my delight...we talked back and forth and at first I was only going to get ladybug II an outfit and then Rita suggested it might be nice for the girls to have a photo done together in them....that was in December...this week I got an email they are done and on their way. I can't wait to see them! They arrived today...


Here is a little reminder of what Ellie Lu looked like on the red couch, so sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a "howdy"